Friday 10 March 2017

Airfix 1/72 Spitfire Mk.Va

Well here we go, first ww2 fighter I've done for at least 15 years. I chose the iconic Spitfire as its easy to build, everyone recognises it and it looks damn nice.

Box Art


Finished Model




Its an out of the box build (OOB). At 1/72 scale I don't plan to buy any after market items.
I've learnt a lot over the years and although there are a few bits that need cleaning up on this one, its my first for quite some time and I'm reasonably happy with the way it turned out.
I was planning on doing the panel lines, but I decided against it as the airfix panel lines are decent without any extra effect.
I painted the model camouflage initially, then gave it a coat of clear gloss, put the decals on and finished off with a Tamiya clear matt.

Rating:
Instructions - 3 - very easy to understand - designed for beginners

Assembly Complexity - 3 - very easy to assemble, good for beginners

Quality of Molding - 3 - no flash, very sharp definition

Part Fit - 3 parts fitted together perfectly, all parts well engineered

Overall Score 12/12

A perfect score for the first one. This really was a breeze to put together and probably designed by Airfix so that anyone can build it, but that doesn't belittle the superb accuracy and sharpness of the kit. A very enjoyable kit for all levels if you want a fantastic looking spitfire!!

Paints Used:
Underside - Tamiya AS32 - Medium Sea Grey 2
Camouflage - Tamiya AS30 - Dark Green 2, Tamiya AS31 - Ocean Grey 2
Cockpit - Tamiya XF51 - Khaki Drab

No comments:

Post a Comment